Reading annual reports is time consuming and considering to be boring. But what if I told you, annual reports can be a lot of fun and informative too?
Just spending about 10-15 minutes on the Reliance Industries annual report, can give you a lot of exciting information.
Mukesh Ambani – in the section titled ‘Letter to Shareholders’ – talks directly to his shareholders about Reliance getting Google and Facebook to invest in Reliance, India’s war against the Corona virus and also speaks about his future ambitions for Jio and the retail section of the company.
If you haven’t read annual reports yet, you should try reading some from companies that you like. You could start with Reliance, Asian Paints, Info Edge, Titan, Trent.. just to name a few.
Reasons to read Annual Reports:
- You get to learn a lot about a new company. It could be an investment opportunity.
- Just try scrolling through the first few pages of an annual report. See if you like the pictures and other graphical information.
- If you like it, you can read more and better understand the business of a company.
- If what you see in the first few pages does not interest you, the annual report can be skipped. After all, if a business does not interest you, it’s not a company you should invest your money in.
- Annual Reports can also give you accurate financial statements. On other websites like Moneycontrol, the Balance sheets, Profit and Loss statements can sometimes be inaccurate.
Annual Reports can be longer than 200 pages. You cannot (and need not) read all those pages. The important information is always in the first few pages.
How to read Annual Reports:
- Letter to Shareholders: This letter would be written by the Chairman, CEO or Managing Director of the company. It’s the main-man behind the entire company who is directly talking to his shareholders. If you are invested in a company, you should read this every year.
- Financial Highlights: This section would contain the financial results of the year that has passed. Check for growth in revenue, profit after tax and other important numbers.
- Annual Reports will also contain ‘Discussion and Analysis from the Management’, along with Corporate Information, Report on Corporate Governance and detailed financial results for the last 10 years.
To make it easy for our readers, all the annual reports released in 2019 – 2020 will be linked on this page.
Search for the company you like, click on the link next to it and read the annual report.
The page will be divided into 2 sections.
The first half will contain annual reports of Nifty 50 companies – which has some of the biggest listed companies in India.
The second half will have the full list of annual reports – as soon as they are released this year.
In 2021, this list will be removed and new list will be added. Usually companies start releasing their annual reports from May onwards.
2020 Annual Reports of Nifty 50 Companies
|13.||Dr Reddys Labs||Report|
|22.||Hindustan Unilever (HUL)||Report|
|29.||Kotak Mahindra Bank||Report|
|30.||Larsen & Toubro||Report|
|36.||Power Grid Corp||–|
|39.||State Bank of India (SBI)||Report|
Annual Reports of Indian Companies in 2020
|2.||Alkyl Amines Chemicals||Read|
|5.||Anjani Portland Cement||Read|
|7.||Aster DM Healthcare||Read|
|9.||B N Rathi Securities||Read|
|11.||Bank of Maharashtra||Read|
|12.||BCPL Railway Infrastructure||Read|
|15.||Butterfly Gandhimathi Appliances||Read|
|18.||City Union Bank||Read|
|32.||Honeywell Automation India||Read|
|33.||ICICI Lombard General Insurance||Read|
|35.||J K Cements||Read|
|40.||Mehta Housing Finance||Read|
|41.||Mehta Integrated Finance||Read|
|50.||Oriental Carbon & Chemicals||Read|
|53.||Parvati Sweetner and Power||Read|
|57.||Punjab & Sind Bank||Read|
|62.||Shri Niwas Leasing & Finance||Read|
|63.||Shriram Transport Finance Corp||Read|
|72.||Suryaamba Spinning Mills||Read|
|74.||Thacker & Co.||Read|
|77.||Tourism Finance Corp of India||Read|
|78.||Transport Corp of India (TCI)||Read|
|90.||Navin Fluorine International||Read|
|92.||RPG Life Sciences||Read|
|93.||AMJ Land Holdings||Read|
|100.||Indian Overseas Bank||Read|
|103.||Aspinwall & Company||Read|
|106.||Gujarat Terce Laboratories||Read|
|108.||Daikaffil Chemicals India||Read|
|109.||Astral Poly Technik||Read|
|110.||Agro Tech Foods||Read|
|112.||Automotive Stamping & Assemblies||Read|
|113.||Avenue Supermarts (Dmart)||Read|
|116.||Tata Motors DVR||Read|
|118.||National Peroxide Limited||Read|
|120.||Tide Water Oil||Read|
|125.||I G Petrochemicals||Read|
|127.||Coromandel Agro Products and Oils||Read|
|136.||Bannari Amman Sugars Limited||Read|
|137.||Bajaj Steel Industries||Read|
|145.||Thambbi Modern Spinning Mills||Read|
|147.||Stanrose Mafatlal Investments||Read|
|149.||Shree Steel Wire Ropes Ltd||Read|
|154.||Indo Rama Synthetics||Read|
|157.||John Cockerill India||Read|
Annual Reports Last Updated on 5 August 2020.
Currently, we have links to nearly 150 companies on this page. More will be added soon.
Annual Report Updates:
- 30 July 2020: 13 New Annual Reports added, major ones are Navin Fluorine, TTK Prestige and LG Balakrishnan. One Nifty 50 company has released its annual report, telecom major Bharti Airtel.
- 31 July 2020: 17 New Annual Reports have been released by companies today. Two of them belong to Nifty 50 (added in the top table) they are Tata Steel and Indian Overseas Bank. Other major ones are Apollo Tyres and Century Textiles. The latest ones are at the bottom of the second table – from No 98 to 112.
- 2nd August 2020: 23 new annual reports have been added.
- 5th August 2020: 26 new annual reports added. Tata Motors, Dmart, Escorts, United Spirits, Bosch are some of the major annual reports. Do read if you find the company to be interesting.