Stock market is the best business in the world. Here’s why:
- Initial investment to start your business is negligible. Everyone has a mobile phone. Additionally, you would need a demat account, which costs less than 500 rupees per year. To invest in stocks, there is no minimum amount. It could be as less as 100 rupees.
- You can work from anywhere. All you need is a laptop / mobile and an internet connection, you can work from a beach-shack in Goa or Eiffel Tower in Paris.
- You can quit stock market anytime you want. But imagine if you run an established business in a shop. You will find it difficult to quit because of your investment, established customers and workers who are dependent on your pay. Even your kids might have to be in the same business, sometimes against their wish. Quitting stock market is easy, sell all your shares at 9:15AM. You’ll get your money in your bank account within 2 days, you are free to do anything with it.
- Educational qualification does not matter in the stock market. In fact, common sense is more important than education. As long as you know basic mathematics, you should be fine. One of India’s most successful investors, Radhakrishna Damani (founder of DMart) hasn’t completed his graduation.
- No credit, everything is in cash. Most businesses are credit dependent and recovery of your own money could be difficult. In the stock market, every single transaction happens in cash. You need to have money to buy and when you sell, you get your money immediately. Hassle free transactions with full transparency.
- Scaling up or business expansion cost is nil. Apart from capital, to expand and grow other businesses, you need additional staff, equipment etc. But here in the stock market, whether you are investing 10 thousand or 100 crore, you can do all your buying and selling from a laptop.
- There is so much to learn in the stock market that your work will never be boring. Everyday there will be a new learning.
- You are your own boss. You can work when you feel like, take a holiday when you need a break and you are not answerable to anyone.
- You don’t have to worry whether your staff will turn up for work, because you don’t need any. Your work isn’t dependent on anyone except you.
- There is no limit to your income. Depending on your skill, you can earn as much as you want.
- Because of stock market you get to learn other things; personal finance, chart reading, human psychology, money management and much more.
- You don’t have to register your business, no labour permit, no fire safety permit or accident insurance. There is no need to file GST every month either. All you need to do is file your income tax, which is a simple process. That’s about it.
- You can make stock market your part-time business and start another business that you are passionate about. This way you can have more sources of income.
- There is no retirement age. You can work in the stock market as long as you live.
- No expense on advertisement or marketing.
- No-one will know how much you earn, until you tell them. You could be earning in crores from the stock market, without a single person knowing.
- You can earn when the market is going up. You can also earn when it’s coming down (short selling).
- You have time to pursue your hobbies or other things you like. You can spend more time with your kids. You can listen to music. You can learn cooking or go to the gym. You’ll have enough time.
- All said and done, what’s most important in the stock market is capital. It’s only money that can help you make more money.
Stock market is a uniquely fantastic business. All you need to do is – start slow, avoid beginner mistakes and grow your capital. Once you make enough money – your job is to protect it and grow it.
The most difficult part of this business is patience. Once you learn to be patient and invest more time into learning in the first few years, you could achieve much more than you think from your stock market business.